Chief Audit Executives (CAE) Forum
Private, exclusive, confidential CAE-only group to share best practices, get answers, support, and lead the profession of internal auditing into the futureWatch Promo
Are you a CAE who wants a safe, confidential space to share best practices, discuss challenges and opportunities, get thought leadership, and bounce ideas off others ... without the worry of being "sold" to or discussing topics way below your pay grade?
If you are like most Chief Audit Executives (CAEs), much of the content and groups for internal audit are not very relevant. You are already an expert at your craft (even have lots of degrees and certifications). The groups that do exist are either expensive for what you get, contain content and discussion that are way below your pay grade, don't discuss relevant challenges and opportunities for CAEs, and/or include a bunch of service providers trying to sell you things.
They also don't discuss some of the real issues facing CAEs about the stress and pressure, political land mines to avoid, and how to effectively deal with the stress without having your personal life and health crumble around you. They don't provide the real support you need.
That is until now.
The CAE Roundtable is an exclusive group that is a combination - roundtable, think tank, and mastermind - limited to only CAEs. Share and receive best practices, ask questions and get answers, develop cutting-edge thought leadership content for the profession, receive advice, encouragement and support on leading your team, your career, and balancing your health and personal life.
It's a forum where you can have real discussions about the challenges and opportunities of being a CAE, in a private and confidential setting.
If you interested in obtaining membership into the CAE Roundtable, here's the process:
- Look through the information on this page to make sure it's right for you.
- Fill out an application (only takes 5 minutes)
- Schedule a call with me to discuss your application
- If it seems you are a good fit, we will schedule a second call to go deeper, discuss all the details and get you registered
There is no obligation by filling out the application.
How This CAE Roundtable Is Different
- Professionally administered and facilitated
- Monthly group meetings
- Access to all recordings for the meeting you couldn't attend
- On-line, virtual membership, so no need to travel and be away from home
- Private, confidential LinkedIn group
- Relevant content and discussion driven by group demand
- Advocacy to lead the profession
- Technical and soft-skills discussions
- Exclusive to only Chief Audit Executives (CAE)
The Facilitator: Jason Mefford
I was a manager at Arthur Andersen and KPMG, a Chief Audit Executive at two organizations (where I was also Chief Risk Officer, Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, and responsible for information security). I have coached and trained Chief Audit Executives and professionals in internal audit, risk management, and compliance all over the world. I have a lot of degrees and TLAs behind my name, have written and developed models, content, certifications, and books. I've got street cred on the technical side, decades of training in psychology and the soft-skills, and have been in the trenches as a CAE.
But more important, I have been in your shoes and know exactly how alone it can feel as a CAE. You can't discuss what's really challenging you with executives in your organization, and your friends and family usually can't relate to what you're feeling. I understand the stress and pressure of serving two-masters, dealing with politics and people issues, and pretending everything is fine when you feel like you're carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders.
I know the impact a high pressure job can have on your health and personal relationships, but I also know how to navigate through the mine fields and help you preserve your health and sanity, and bring people together to make magic happen.
I'm looking for a group of the best and brightest CAEs in internal audit to lead the profession to a new level.
Is that you?
What Others Are Saying About Jason Mefford
"I have used many coaches and mentors over the years. The ideas and value I received in one call with Jason, was worth more than all of the other coaches and mentors I have used combined." - AJ
"Jason has always been there for me to bounce ideas off, provide encouragement, and accountability. I'm so glad to have him as a peer and a friend. Jason is highly regarded among his community. He works hard to stay cutting edge, practical and full of relevant content." - Kelly
"Jason has a base of technical expertise, as well as professional expertise, upon which to draw that has helped me several times unpack the chaos in my own head as to which way to take my business. He’s offered his skillset, encouragement, and challenge to keep me moving in making strategic decisions and setting direction/ steps. I met Jason years ago for training, and he’s been a valued and trusted resource in my professional life ever since then." - Cheri
"Jason is good for the heart and soul and I am so very grateful to have connected with him. He helps people to shine!" - Theresa
"Jason is a Jedi Master!" - Jerome
- CPE certificates (20-40 hours each year depending on your level of involvement)
- Additional customized group videos and content
- Discount on exclusive in-person events and conferences
- Monthly CAE Newsletter
- Apply for membership through the application process (you must go through the application and interview process to be accepted into the group, and it only takes 5 minutes).
- I'll review your application and we will set up a 15-minute call to make sure this is a good fit for you, and you are a good fit for the group.
- If it's seems to be a good fit, we'll set up a 60-minute call to go deeper, discuss all the details, get you registered, and start on-boarding you into the group.
We only bring in new members a few times each year.
Would you regret not taking advantage this opportunity 12 months from now?
There is no obligation by filling out the application.
So are you ready to get started?
Jason Mefford is a Rock Star in Internal Audit, Risk Management and Compliance. He works with Chief Audit Executives and professionals taking complicated, confusing & hard things, and making them practical, proactive & simple. Technical & soft-skills needed to navigate the mine fields of organizations and work smarter. He does this as a professional speaker, trainer, executive coach, facilitator and podcast host.
You can learn more about him at: